Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Some time before, I found a message on Youtube, which said that my browser sooner or later should not be supported by the site itself, because it is outdated. As I checked Mozilla site, for Firefox updates, I found that my browser is really up to date. I use Mozilla Firefox 3.6.3 as it is the last version of the browser. It appeared to me some kind of strange, but thought in some time it would be fixed.

As time passed, on March 13, 2010, Youtube site passed to a new form of support and now I got the weird message, which you are looking for, "Your browser is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a modern browser."

It really, everything was fine, except the annoying message above and for example MySpace and some other sites no access at all. As I searched through this case, on web, I found some clues for this.
This was something about user agent of Firefox; it is messed by some other addon installed.

Solutions I found for this:
1. Install some additional addon which is not being installed, but which should change the name of the user agent and fix the problem, anyway it did not work;
2. This one consists of 2 solutions:
    a. In Firefox address bar, type: "about:config";
    b. Agree with the error message if any;
    c. Filter: "general.useragent.extra.firefox";
    d. It might be a mess in the value column of this field, should be (Firefox/3.6.3); Right click the row and press Reset; Restart Firefox, it should work fine now (As written in web). In my case it was written as should be, but I still got the same problem;
    e.I looked in About Mozilla Firefox and searched in about:config the last string from the dialog, which was found under "general.useragent.override". I reseted the key, restarted Firefox, and BINGO, it helped me.

Hope I helped you with this tip.

0 comments: